Have you ever caught a pair of men’s flip flops and wondering if that was an occasion to wear these kind of shoes?Or did you really want to put on a flip flop to stay comfortable, but did not know how to complement the look while keeping the style and without looking sloppy?
Rest assured that you are not alone
These doubts have passed through the minds of many men.The men’s flip flop is a very important piece in the closet of every modern man and is the story of many. There are those who do not live without and who do not know how to wear other footwear in their spare time.
- But like everything in life it is important to know where and how to use. Even for those who make the style is essential to be attentive to some details.
- The summer is there, and it is in this season that we do not want to know of another “treading” during the day and sometimes even at night. This time of year demands lighter and more uncomplicated clothes, after all, nothing more important than comfortable walking around in the heat.
- First of all, we always like to talk a little about the history of the pieces that we address. We already did that with the men’s necklaces and the caps.
This is important to understand how everything started and, consequently, day-to-day use
The Havaianas Slim flip flops, which today have an image of a piece linked exclusively to leisure time, were created as a working tool for more than six thousand years. The Sunnis created the first molds to fish at the riverside.
They were not the only ones. Other civilizations, like the Egyptians and the Indians, also created their versions that were very different from the present ones.
The current popular flip flop model was inspired by Japanese sandals after World War II, when Japan began to open up to the world and to exchange mainly with the United States during the beginning of the Japanese economic miracle.
- As you may well know, Hawaiians was largely responsible for popularizing the famous flip flops in Brazil, inspired by the Japanese sandal (as she acknowledges here).
- The Brazilian brand began its activities in the early 60’s. Soon the idea became popular, and today it is used in several countries of the world and is almost a symbol.
- Nowadays, Havaianas is very dear to Brazilians and holds most of the market, but it is far from the only one to produce these flip flops.
And for some time, several other brands have also entered this
Flip flop is not just that traditional model with a rubber strip. This is the most popular, but it is far from the only one.
Flip flop is flat, open footwear with the approximate shape of the outline of the feet. If the piece has any elevation underneath such as a shoe or shoe and is opened, then it is a sandal (which is also characterized by being closed at the heel).